Golden Globe Race Start
Quand?Commence: Dimanche 13:00 (01 Juillet)
Terminé: Dimanche 16:00 (01 Juillet)
Irishman Gregor McGuckin will set sail from Les Sables d'Olonne in France on 1 July 2018 in an attempt to race alone, non-stop, around the world.
Les Sables is famed for the send-off it gives to the Vendee Globe sailing race and tens of thousands are expected to line the harbour walls to see Gregor and the other competitors off. There will be two weeks of a race village before they depart with live music, bars, restaurants and lots race info.
The town has stunning surf beaches, great food, wine, and weather so be sure to join the party!
Where to stay?
- There are lots of campsites nearby, hotels in the town and Airbnb. Book early as it's high season!
By road :
• From Paris (4.30) by the A11, via Le Mans (2.30), Angers by the A87 (1.30), Cholet, La Roche/Yon by the N160.
• From Bordeaux (3.30) by the A10, via Saintes (2.00) by the A837, La Rochelle (1.30) by the D105 and the D949.
• From Rouen (5.15) by the A13, via Caen (4.00) by the A84, Rennes (2.15) by the N137, Nantes (1.15) by the A83, then the D763 and the N160.
By train :
- By TGV Paris - Nantes - Les Sables d'Olonne (3.30), (Direct TGV Paris-Les Sables) (3.25).
By plane :
Nantes-Atlantique airport (1.15) La Rochelle/Ile de Ré airport (1.15)
Plus d'événements à Les Sables-d'Olonne, France
Te Mahana - Vendée Va'a 2018
Mercredi 17:00 (09 Mai)
Les Sables-d'Olonne, France, Les Sables-d'Olonne